Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Ranch Potatoes

This is a yummy side dish. It makes me want to have a summertime BBQ with lots of friends and family. I really like to serve it with anything cooked on the BBQ- chicken breasts, pork chops. Jed isn't a real fan of Ranch, so I don't make these as often as I'd like, so what I do is make 1/2 the recipe without the Ranch Dressing for him. (He's picky, if you didn't already know :D) You can also use this recipe for twice-baked potatoes- just bake the potatoes, scoop out the insides when cool, mix all the ingredients with the insides and then scoop back into the skin. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through. Enjoy!
Ranch Potatoes
6 to 8 medium red potatoes (2- 2 1/2 lbs)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
(We like more bacon, so I use about 1/2 of a package)
2 TB minced fresh parsley
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Topping:
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups crushed corn flakes
1/4 cup melted butter
Cook potatoes (boil or bake) until tender. Quarter (leave skins on if desired) and set aside. Combine sour cream, salad dressing, bacon parsley and cheese. I also like to add salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place potatoes in a greased 9 by 13 pan. Pour sour cream mixture over potatoes and gently toss. Combine topping ingreds and sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: