Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cajun Chicken Pasta

My cute Sister passed this recipe along to me- definitely a keeper. This for about 2 large servings, but can easily be doubled. If you like a little more spice you can add more Cajun seasoning or even some red pepper flakes. I also make this with the veggies steamed and then add them into just my portion since my family is picky. The sauce is so yummy you'll want to lick your plate clean!

Cajun Chicken Pasta
4 oz. linguine pasta
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
2 Tb butter
1 green pepper, sliced
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp basil
1/8 tsp garlic powder (I double this)
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta to directions. Drain and set aside. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a Ziploc bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter until cooked through (7-10 min.) Add veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add cream, basil, lemon pepper, garlic powder and pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine. Toss and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. 

{Mmmm. Maybe dice up a fresh tomato and sprinkle on top. I also think this would be really good with shrimp instead of the chicken.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: