Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mexican BLT Salad

This was so yummy that I just had to share. It's been too hot to cook, so this makes a great dinner. I also added one can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed, and a few sliced olives on top. Enjoy!

Mexican BLT Salad
1/2 cup Ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup mild, chunky salsa
4 cups chopped lettuce
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
2 medium avocados, peeled and diced
1/3 cup crisp, crumbled bacon
1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
2 cups crushed corn chips (or Doritos/Fritos)
To make as a layered salad, place ingredients on top of each other in a large bowl. Place lettuce first, then top with layers of tomato, avocado, bacon and cheese. Top with salsa and pour dressing on top, spreading to cover. To serve, place chips on plate and top with salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: