Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pizza Crust

Homemade pizza is a special treat at our house. This crust recipe came from my Mother in Law and is one that I share often. Our kids like to help with the toppings, but they aren't too hip on actually eating the pizza (they are weird, I know!). I still need to find a couple of good sauces and figure out the best temperature to bake this at- if you have one pass it my way. This recipe makes 2 pizzas.

Pizza Crust
1 pkg yeast
1/2 cup warm water
sprinkle with 1/2 tsp sugar
Stir in, dissolve and let bubble 10 minutes
6 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Add all ingredients and let rise for about 30 minutes. Roll out on floured surface. Put on a greased pizza pan (I like the Pam spray with flour). Top with sauce, meat (pepperoni, Canadian bacon, ham, cooked chicken, sausage), veggies (onions, green peppers, mushrooms, olives, pineapple, green onions, tomatoes) and cheese (mozzarella and Parmesan). Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until crust is cooked through and toppings are hot and bubbly.

**I experimented with this the other night. I rolled the dough a little thinner (Thanks Brandi!) and then I brushed the edges with butter and sprinkled with garlic salt. Baked at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Removed from oven and topped; placed back in oven and baked for about 18 to 20 minutes. Turned out great!

1 comment:

  1. I use her pizza dough recipe all the time. YOu have roll it thin in the middle. I love pesto sauce on pizza it is sooooo yummy. With zuchinni, red onions, feta cheese, mozzerella, spinach and you could even add mushrooms and chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: