Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Zucchini Casserole

For all of you that have zucchini coming out of your ears, here is a yummy, no- I didn't say healthy, recipe. It is one that was my Grandma Ina's recipe and my Mom made it in the summer time for as long as I can remember (I know that I say that a lot :D) It freezes well- and if you shred the zucchini you can "hide" it from picky eaters. Enjoy!

Zucchini Casserole
1 and 1/2 lbs. peeled and diced zucchini
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion- chopped
1 cup uncooked, instant rice
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. oregano, I like less
2 c. cottage cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
Brown beef and onion. Add zucchini and simmer until tender. Add rice, seasonings, soup and cottage cheese. Stir well and top with shredded cheese. Bake, covered, for 35 min. or until bubbly and heated through. Serve with some garlic bread and fresh fruit for a yummy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: