Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Manicotti

I found this recipe at allrecipes.com, one of my favorite places to find yummy things. It turned out great and is definitely a keeper! I served it with steamed green beans, garlic bread and a green salad (with tomatoes out of my garden!).

Chicken Alfredo Manicotti
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
1/2 C. white vinegar
1/2 C. olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Marinate chicken in Ziploc bag for at least 30 minutes.
Drain. Saute in olive oil until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
1 box manicotti noodles (I used the large shells. Easier to stuff.)
Cook to package directions then set aside.
6 Tb butter
2 C. heavy cream
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp pepper
1 1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
Melt butter. Add cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Stir until thickens. Reduce heat and stir in cheese. Stir until melted. (My sauce was thick, so I stirred in some milk.) Smooth 1/2 of sauce into bottom of 9 by 13 pan.
1 pint ricotta cheese (I may try cottage cheese next time.)
1 egg
1 Tb fresh oregano (I used 1/2 Tb dried oregano.)
1 Tb fresh majoram (I didn't have any- so I left it out.)
1 Tb fresh basil
1 C. shredded mozzarella
Mix ricotta, egg, herbs. Stir in cooked chicken. Stuff into shells. Place shells on sauce. Pour other 1/2 of sauce over the top and top with mozzarella cheese. Cover. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 -10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This made A Lot! I will make it again when I have company or to take to a pot luck. Didn't freeze as well as I thought it would and the alfredo sauce separated when I reheated the leftovers. But such cheesy goodness!!

    ReplyDelete

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: