Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Teriyaki Steak and Rice

The other night I was working on a recipe box and I decided to look around at labels in the pantry and came across this recipe on the Minute Rice box. I think that it would be better with a little bit more Teriyaki sauce. I also think that it would work well with chicken. If you do use steak, simmer for about an hour or until really tender, and then add the veggies and then the rice. I used green and red peppers, mushrooms and broccoli- very tasty. Enjoy!

Teriyaki Steak and Rice
1 Tb oil
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cups Teriyaki sauce
2 cups Minute rice, uncooked
4 cups broccoli florets
1 large red pepper, cut into strips
Heat oil. Add steak and garlic. Cook until steak is cooked to medium doneness (160 degrees). Add water and sauce; stir. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and veggies. Boil- reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: