Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Oven Baked Four Cheese Rigatoni Rosa

I found this in a magazine and it looks SOOO yummy, however, I haven't tried it yet (maybe next week). I think I'll serve this with a green salad, fresh steamed green beans and garlic bread. Let me know if how it is! Enjoy!

Oven Baked Four Cheese Rigatoni Rosa
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
8 oz. rigatoni or large tube pasta, cooked and drained
1 jar Bertolli Four Cheese Rosa Sauce
2 Tb Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
2 Tb grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Combine ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, basil, egg and pepper; set aside. Toss hot rigatoni with sauce in a large bowl. Stir in ricotta mixture. Turn into a 9 by 13 pan, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake, covered, for 25 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 min. or until bread crumbs are golden brown and cheese melted.
*I think this would be good with some cooked, cubed chicken added.*

1 comment:

  1. I finally tried this and it was good, not one of my very favorites, just good. It could use more sauce since it was a little dry and use LESS basil. The chicken was good in it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: