Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Ranger Cookies

I made these cookies last weekend to take camping for the 4th of July and everyone gobbled them down (even people who "didn't like" coconut), so this recipe is definitely a KEEPER. I love the brown sugar sweetness, the toasted coconut and the way the cookie has a sweet and salty flavor. I added the butterscotch chips, but chocolate chips would be yummy too. Enjoy!

Ranger Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick oats
2 cups rice krispies cereal
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips
Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well. Add oats, rice cereal, coconut and chips. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: