Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins

Today has been a chilly, lazy day. The kids and I just decided to hang out and enjoy our pjs. Braxton wanted to bake something and I thought about these warm cinnamony (sure it's a word) muffins. Braxton is really picky, but even he likes these. My Mom has been making these for as long as I can remember for Christmas morning or for breakfast for dinner. Yummy with a quiche and fruit. Enjoy!

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/2 C oatmeal
1 1/4 C flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 C unsweetened applesauce
1/2 C milk (use skim for lower fat)
1/2 C packed brown sugar
2 Tb oil
1 egg white
Cinnamon Crumble Topping:
1/2 C oatmeal
2 Tb brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 Tb melted butter
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with liners. Combine oats, flour cinnamon, baking powder and soda. Add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, oil and egg. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. (I doubled this, you can half it for the regular recipe.) Bake 20- 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Serve warm- very yummy with honey butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: