Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Colorful Chicken Salad

After all of the heavy comfort (but very yummy) food I've had this week I am in the mood for something a little bit lighter. This is such a refreshing change and it makes me think of Baby/Bridal Showers, summertime, and sunny weather. This recipe makes 4 servings and is delicious on a croissant. Enjoy!

Colorful Chicken Salad
1/4 C. diced celery
1/4 C. golden raisins
1/4 C. dried cranberries
1/4 C. sliced almonds (or cashews)
3/4 C. mayo/salad dressing/yogurt
2 Tb chopped red onion
salt and pepper to taste
2 C. cubed, cooked chicken
4 croissants
Combine and mix well. You can also add a little bit of Ranch salad dressing for a bit of extra flavor or a small squirt of lemon juice for some zip. I also like some shredded swiss or colby jack cheese stirred into the mixture, about 1/2 cup. Serve about 1/2 C. on each roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: