Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Beef Tips

This is one of my families favorite dinners. You need to let this simmer for about 2 hours, so prepare early. I like it best served over wide egg noodles, but it is also good on white rice or mashed potatoes. You can also add about 1/2 to 1 cup of sour cream to make a yummy stroganoff. Enjoy!

Beef Tips
1 to 2 lbs. round steak, cut into bite size pieces
2 Tb oil
2 tsp (more or less to your liking) minced garlic
2 pkgs brown gravy mix
1 pkg mushroom gravy mix
2 1/2 C water
1 lb sliced mushroom, optional
Brown meat in oil with garlic. Add water to meat. Stir in gravy packets. Simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in mushrooms during last 1/2 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: