Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Bread

Just pulled this out of a magazine. I have yet to try it, but as soon as I get some mini-loaf pans I'll be baking away. I love fall- especially the flavors! This would be a great neighbor, teacher, friend (crazy lady with recipe blog) treat. If you try it before I do, let me know how it turns out!

Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
3 cups flour
1 Tb plus 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups sugar
1 can (15 oz.) pure Pumpkin
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice or water
1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9 by 5 loaf pans (for other sizes see bottom of directions). Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs and oil; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to racks to cool completely. Makes 2 loaves.

** For three 8 by 4 inch pans: Prepare as above, bake for 55-60 minutes. For five or six 5 by3 inch mini-loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.

{Just a thought... I think I'll also try to cut the cranberries down to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Everything is better with chocolate!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: