Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

"Easy" Chili Verde

This is so yummy on a chilly night, and even better because it was easy to make (I call it "easy" because it doesn't take all day like my Mom's chili verde, that I love). I served it with Spanish rice, refried beans, grated cheddar cheese and warm flour tortillas. Enjoy!

"Easy" Chili Verde
6 boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin, cut into bite sized chunks
Season with: garlic powder, pepper, cumin and a tad of salt
Brown meat and seasonings together.
Add on 28 oz. can of green chili enchilada sauce.
Simmer for one hour or until the meat is tender.
Whisk together about 1/2 cup water with 3 Tb. flour and then stir into sauce to thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: