Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Southwest Corn Chowder

Fall... Sweaters, changing colors, and a chill in the air, but best of all SOUP. Yummm! I got this recipe from my friend, Connie, and it is one of my favorite to make. It's especially good in a warm bread bowl with cheese on top. It has a little zip to it- just adjust the pepper jack cheese to your liking. Enjoy!
Southwest Corn Chowder
4 slices of bacon
1 1/2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 small onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cups milk
8 oz. pepper jack cheese, grated
1 pkg. frozen corn
1/4 tsp pepper
8 oz. shredded Colby jack cheese
Cook bacon. Remove when crisp. Saute onion and celery in the bacon drippings. Add potatoes, milk and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 8 min. Add corn, cheese and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are tender. Serve with crumbled bacon and cheese on top.
*I add a small can of green chilies for a little extra spice*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: