Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 27, 2010

Easy Chicken Enchiladas

When I am pregnant I crave hot & spicy food- anything Mexican and with cheese. This is a delicious and easy recipe for a quick dinner. This is also good with green Chile sauce instead of the salsa. Plus, you can dump as much salsa/hot sauce on as you like- more for me please! Enjoy!

Easy Chicken Enchiladas
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
8 flour tortillas (8 in.)
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1 cup salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can sliced olives
Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, garnish as you like
In a small bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in 9 by 13 pan.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt and salsa; spread over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 min. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Bake 10-15 min. longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: