Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Corn Bread

I love corn bread. It is also one of the few things my kids REALLY like. I haven't found an out-of-this-world recipe yet, but this one is pretty good. If you have one to share, please email me. :D

Corn Bread
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 to 3 TB sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 TB butter
2 beaten eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil or melted butter

In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In an 8 by 8 baking dish add the 1 TB butter. Place in a 400* oven  for about 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove pan from oven; swirl butter in pan to coat bottom and sides. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine eggs, milk and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir until JUST MOISTENED. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick tests done. Serve warm.
 (Serve with honeybutter and a dash of cinnamon. So good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: