Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 5, 2011

Taffy Apple Pizza

I have never made this, just had it in my recipe box for years. Maybe one day I'll actually try it. Or you can do it for me and tell me how it is :) This makes me really want a caramel apple. Mmmmm, caramel! Makes 4 servings- I would probably double it.

Taffy Apple Pizza
1/2 cup refrigerated sugar cookie dough
3 oz. softened cream cheese
2 Tb brown sugar
2 Tb creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tart apple, sliced thinly (Granny Smith green apple)
1 TB chopped unsalted peanuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2TB caramel ice cream topping

With floured hands, pat cookie dough onto pizza pan coated with cookie spray. Cook at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool. Beat cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla. Spread over cookie crust. Arrange apple slices on top. Sprinkle with peanuts and cinnamon. Drizzle with warm caramel. Cut into wedges.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: