Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 5, 2011

Angel Pillows

I found this in Jed's Nonnie's (Grandma in Italian) cookbook. I liked it, the kids were a little indifferent about it, but it is something I'll try again. I served it with the gravy recipe that follows, but to save time I may use a packaged chicken gravy. This was very good with mashed potatoes, squash and a spinach salad. My house smelled so good!

Angel Pillows
1 cup crushed stuffing mix (Pepperidge Farms or Stove Top)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
6 Tb butter
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tb chives
1 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
2 cans Crescent rolls (8 rolls each)
6 Tb melted butter

Mix chicken, cream cheese, butter, pepper, chives and mushrooms. Divide this mixture into 16 portions and put in center of crescent roll. Fold roll over chicken and press edges to seal. Dip in melted butter and roll in stuffing crumbs. Cook in glass dish (I used a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray) at 375 for 20 minutes. Turn, bake at 300 for 15 minutes.

Gravy
4 cups broth
4 Tb cornstarch
1 cube chicken bullion
1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup

Blend with a" wire whip" and heat until thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: