Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 5, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread

This was so good *drool* and I can't wait to make it again. I tried this because I have an abundance of zucchini (Note to Self: One should never plant 6 zucchini plants when she is the only one that will eat it!) I couldn't taste the zucchini in this and neither could my kids, which is a good thing or they wouldn't have tried it. Next time I think I'll add a little bit more lemon extract and make it in mini bread pans. Bottom line: so good and so moist!

Lemon Poppy Zucchini Bread
4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 package (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
3 TB lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cup poppy seeds
2 tsp lemon zest

Combine flour, sugar, dry pudding mix, baking soda and powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and extract. Stir in dry ingredients just until moist. Fold in poppy seeds, zucchini and lemon zest. Pour into 2 greased/floured loaf pans (standard size). Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: