Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 5, 2011

Recipe for a Happy Marriage

This was in Jed's Nonnie's cookbook. His Aunts compiled a few family favorites and made this as a Christmas gift one year. I use it all the time. It's funny to me how food = memories. I think if carrot cakes on my past Birthdays and my Mom's stuffing at Thanksgiving. Uugghhh, and eggplant and duck at my Grandma's house. Not my favorite! Anyways, I thought this was fun and that I'd share. <3

Recipe for a Happy Marriage
1 cup consideration
1 cup courtesy
2 cups flattery, carefully concealed
2 cups milk of human kindness
1 gallon Faith in God and each other
2 cups praise
1 small pinch of in-laws
1 reasonable budget
A generous dash of cooperation
3 tsp pure extract of "I am sorry"
2 cups of contentment
1 cup of confidence
2 children, at least
1 large portion of several small hobbies
1 cup blindness to each others faults

Flavor with frequent portions of recreation and a dash of happy memories. Stir well and remove any specks of jealousy, temper or criticism. Sweeten well with generous portions of love and keep warm with a steady flame of devotion. Never serve with a cold shoulder or a hot tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: