Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Monday, September 5, 2011

Homemade Waffles

I made these last Saturday morning. Braxton was amazed A.) that they didn't come frozen in a box and B.)that we had a waffle iron he's "never" seen before. Super easy and yummy. I double my batch, feed Jed's brother and then freeze the rest for breakfast on school days. Enjoy!

Homemade Waffles
2 cups flour
3 TB sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 eggs, separated
1 3/4 cup milk
4 TB melted butter

Sift together dry ingredients. Mix egg yolks and milk together. Beat egg whites until stiff. Pour yolk/milk mixture into dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Add in melted butter. Fold in egg whites. Pour 3/4 to 1 cup onto hot waffle iron. Cook to a golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: