Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Scrambled Eggs Benedict

A simple alternative to fancy eggs Benedict- easy to make for any meal and nice for company. The recipe calls for a jar of hollandaise sauce, but I usually use the dry packaged type. (Someday I'll try to make it from scratch :D)

Scrambled Eggs Benedict
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk or water
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tb butter
1 jar hollandaise sauce
8 slices Canadian bacon
4 English muffins, split and toasted
paprika, if desired
In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper until blended. Melt butter over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet and scramble. Microwave sauce for 2 minutes or until hot; keep warm. Microwave Canadian bacon for 1 minute or until warm. Place muffin half on plate. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, about 1/3 cup eggs and 2 Tb hollandaise sauce; sprinkle with paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: