Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Apple Crisp

There's nothing so yummy to me than the smell of this recipe- warm apples and cinnamon. This is great with caramel sauce drizzled over the top and vanilla ice cream slowly melting making it even more enticing. MMM! This is a basic recipe, anyone have a better one and want to share?

Apple Crisp
6 to 8 apples (I like Granny Smith)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I like to double this)
Peel and slice apples and place them in a 9 by 13 pan. Crumble the rest of the ingredients together and sprinkle over the apples. Bake at 375 degrees for 40- 45 minutes or until apples are tender and toppings are golden brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: