Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

What a better way to use those over ripe bananas... CAKE! I love this cake (and the frosting- my favorite!) This is another recipe from my Mom's collection. So great on it's own or with a little bit of ice cream.

Banana Cake
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 medium ripe bananas, smashed (1 cup)
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, room temp
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas. Spread in a greased 9 by 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 22 to 30 minutes or until test done. Cool completely before frosting. For frosting, cream all ingredients until fluffy. Frost cake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: