Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chicken and Rice

This is one quick fixins' idea that I use regularly. You can use hamburger or chicken and then the matching Rice-A-Roni (the San Fransisco Treat!) I don't add any veggies into this, but you could easily add whatever sounds good to you. This isn't really a recipe- just an easy meal idea, but I hope it helps for those busy nights!

Chicken and Rice
1 box Chicken flavor Rice-A-Roni
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Cut chicken into bite-sized chunks and cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Cook rice to directions on box. Stir in cooked chicken during last 5 minutes of simmering. Add in vegetable, top with shredded cheese. Cook through. Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: