Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Santa Fe Beans with Pork Kebobs

My mouth is watering as I type this... yep, it's that good! The recipe says to grill the pork, but you can also broil or use the George Foreman grill, both work well. I like a little extra spice so I add extra cumin and a dash of cayanne pepper or chili powder.

Santa Fe Beans with Pork Kabobs
1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
1 medium green pepper, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tb olive oil
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 pkg (10 oz) frozen corn, thawed
2 Tb red wine vinegar
Slice pork into one inch cubes, place 4 or 5 cubes on skewers and grill until pork is cooked to 170 degrees. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth or cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add black beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, corn and vinegar. Heat thoroughly. Serve with grilled pork.
*I seasoned the pork with season salt and McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning before grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: