Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ranch Cheese Ball

My Addy loves anything Ranch and I think that she ate half a cheese ball herself! She just loves this on crackers as a snack. I didn't use exact measurements, just tried to get the right consistency, so here are the basic instructions.

Ranch Cheese Ball
1 Hidden Valley Ranch Dip seasoning packet
1/2 cup mayo
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
5 oz. sliced almonds or green onions
Stir together seasoning packet, mayo, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Add a little bit more mayo or a couple tablespoons of milk if it is too thick but DO NOT water down. After you mix everything together, pat together into a ball form. Roll in almonds. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Serve with crackers, toasted bread, or tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. sounds dilish! This time of year we live off of cheese balls and cracker dip!

    ReplyDelete

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: