Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Apple Raspberry Spiced Cider

This was printed in the newspaper before Christmas. I clipped it out and was going to try it but haven't quite yet. (It is in my "pile" of things to make... someday. I have many of these piles in my life!)

Apple Raspberry Spiced Cider
2 quarts sweet apple cider
1 can (12 oz) frozen raspberry cocktail concentrate, thawed
1 or 2 whole cinnamon sticks, broken in 1/2
2 cups frozen raspberries

In a saucepan, stir together apple cider, raspberry cocktail concentrate and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in raspberries and serve directly from the saucepan or transfer to a crock pot to keep warm.  Serve with additional cinnamon sticks for stirring. Serves 8 to 10

1 comment:

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: