Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Friday, January 27, 2012

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

I've been handed down this recipe from my Mom, but I think it originally came from my Great Aunt Karen. I like it with a little bit of powdered sugar dusted on top, but I really love it with a big dollop of fluffy cream cheese frosting (recipe for this is with the Carrot Cake recipe). Today (1/27) is National Chocolate Cake Day so I think it is very fitting to make this for dessert.

By the way, weird side note, chocolate cake makes me think of the Trunchbull from my favorite book/movie "Matilda." That cakes looked so creamy and delicious- but definitely couldn't eat the WHOLE thing! :)

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 chocolate cake mix
1 small box instant pudding
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cup water
1 pkg. chocolate chips
Mix cake mix, dry pudding, eggs, oil and water until smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into greased bundt cake pan. Bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool in pan for 5 minutes and then tip out onto cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: