Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lemon Pull~Aparts

I love the zippy flavor of lemon! I made these for my Christmas Brunch this year and they were a hit! I definitely am going to add these to my "Keeper" pile. This is an EASY recipe that looks and tastes like you slaved over a hot oven for hours. For other recipes www.RhodesBread.com

Lemon Pull~Aparts
12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
zest from 2 lemons
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
Citrus Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TB butter, melted
2 TB fresh lemon juice

Mix lemon zest with sugar. Cut rolls in half and place in a 9 by 13 dish sprayed baking pan. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. (I dipped the rolls in butter and placed in pan and drizzled the remaining butter over top.) Sprinkle with zest/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of the mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap. Sprinkle with remaining mixture. Bake at 35o degrees for 20-25 minutes. Remove immediately from pan and place on cooling rack (with baking sheet underneath) Combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over pull-aparts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: