Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scalloped Carrots

This is another recipe from Nonnie's Cookbook. The girls and I like this a lot. I usually half the recipe so that I have enough for one meal, but this is the full recipe. Plus cheese makes eating veggies a little easier :)

Scalloped Carrots
2 lbs carrots (I just use the baby ones or you could peel and slice full size ones)
1/4 cup onion, diced
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
2 cups cheese, shredded
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp celery salt
2 TB butter
1 cup soft bread crumbs (or premade from the can)

Cook carrots and drain. Melt butter and add the onions, flour, mustard and milk until smooth. Addsatl, celery salt (and pepper too). Stir in cheese until melted. Coat carrots with cheese sauce. Place in 8 by 8 dish. Crumb butter into bread crumbs and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: