Food for Thought

"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." ~Julia Child

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

I found this picture on Pinterest.com (AKA: my new way to waste time!) and the recipe is from thepickyapple.comThe picture looked marvelous and it is so easy to make. I have not yet tried this, but it's on my list of things to make SOON. If you try it first, let me know if it is as good as it looks! Yumm!

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (I think I'd double this)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (Original recipe calls for 1/2 cup, so add to your liking)
1 cup butter, melted

Heat oven to 350. Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour into greased 9 by 13 pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix. Top with pecans. Drizzle with butter. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick tests clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like, Dislike, Comment, Create: